I was reading an article about the most highlighted quotes in the Harry Potter books, including The Cursed Child. It was a great article and so many of the quotes are ones that I would have highlighted too, had I read the books on my Kindle….
The Harry Potter books have so much wisdom in them. I know they are meant to be fun, meant to entertain but at times they make you think. Below is the list posted from the article http://ew.com/books/2017/06/26/harry-potter-series-kindle-highlights/?linkId=39156343
The bolded ones are my personal favorites….
1. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
2. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
3. “Harry, there is never a perfect answer in this messy, emotional world. Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic. In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.” (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two)
4. “To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
5. “Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
6. “Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
7. “There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
8. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
9. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
10. “The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two)
And I would personally add one more, by “In The Prisoner Of Azkaban, Dumbledore says, ‘Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light’.
That quote in particular sticks with me, I want to believe that I can find happiness in this time of brokenness and darkness. But no matter how much I want the light to shine it’s barely a flicker of a candle…… now I am starting to make this post a little less light as I intended so I shall stop for now.
Until next time….