I was reading an article about the most highlighted quotes in the Harry Potter books, including The Cursed Child. It was a great article and so many of the quotes are ones that I would have highlighted too, had I read the books on my Kindle….
The Harry Potter books have so much wisdom in them. I know they are meant to be fun, meant to entertain but at times they make you think. Below is the list posted from the article http://ew.com/books/2017/06/26/harry-potter-series-kindle-highlights/?linkId=39156343
The bolded ones are my personal favorites….
1. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
2. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
3. “Harry, there is never a perfect answer in this messy, emotional world. Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic. In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.” (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two)
4. “To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
5. “Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
6. “Humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
7. “There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.” (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
8. “Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
9. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
10. “The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One and Two)
And I would personally add one more, by “In The Prisoner Of Azkaban, Dumbledore says, ‘Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light’.
That quote in particular sticks with me, I want to believe that I can find happiness in this time of brokenness and darkness. But no matter how much I want the light to shine it’s barely a flicker of a candle…… now I am starting to make this post a little less light as I intended so I shall stop for now.
Until next time….
A much longer much more serious post is coming soon but for now-
I love the smell of a new MacBook in the evening:
Probably a terrible financial decision- like PollyAnna and Mary Poppins said- my self harming compulsions had to go somewhere since I had to stop them for the surgery….
I have been thinking about going public, public in that I share this blog with people in my life. But I’m just not sure how ready I am for those closest to me to know exactly what’s going on with me, exactly how bad things can get.
But sometimes I feel like a fraud. I feel like I share all of this messy life with all of you – people I don’t know – with many of the people who love me the most in the dark…. do they even WANT to know??
I just don’t know.
My brother said to me “I thought you wanted to be anonymous”, and he’s right, which is why no names of anyone of my family has been used. But since my posts about masks it’s been knawing at me that it’s time to stop hiding behind my words and “out” myself. A little at a time but out myself nonetheless.
A blog award? Me? I can’t even imagine that my tiny corner of the blog world, that I started as a way to process through things I couldn’t in my own head, is getting recognized. I’m humbled, and grateful.
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to feature and recognize blogs that have unique content, high quality of writing, and fantastic photos. As the web page about the Versatile Blogger Award says: Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
THE RULES OF THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate 10 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Share 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
Thank You seems like small words for the gratitude I feel to Discovering Your Happiness https://discoveringyourhappiness.com/ for her recognition. Her blog is an inspiration and a source of solace to me. She always has the best ideas and ways to help yourself deal with some of your most difficult emotions and ways of thinking, even if I can’t yet find my own inner peace.
7 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I do not like to eat seafood, fish or anything that swims- EXCEPT a tuna fish sandwhich (occasionally).
- I hate snow, cold, and winter, and yet live in one of the coldest snowiest parts of New England and have all my life.
- I have 1 sister, and 1 half brother.
- It took 3 in-vitro fertilizations cycles to conceive my oldest, and my youngest was a naturally conceived miracle baby 7 years later.
- I have 3 dogs, 4 rabbits, 5 cats, and 51 chickens (48 hens and 3 roosters).
- I homeschool both of my children.
- My husband, my father and my father in law all have the same first name.
Again thank you to Discovering Your Happiness for nominating my blog for this award, it made my morning when I woke up and found out!
Sure the day started a little rough with the intrusive memory, but after I got that out, a little crying out and some time alone in the car to reflect, I hit the reset button.
Came home to a decorated kitchen complete with helium balloons. Had the sweetest cards from hubby, big one and little one. And a mayo jar vase of fake flowers. I couldn’t ask for more.
Then my neighbor texted me to come over for iced tea. Spontaneous, unplanned- and I did it! Totally out of my comfort zone but I did it! I stayed about 30 mins and then headed home because my inlaws were due to arrive. And they did about 5 mins after I got home.
They brought Subway for lunch and it was yummy. We had a nice visit! The first nice one in a while – very little drama, just some conversation and a walk down to the parking lot so little one could show off her mad biking skills (she’s just learning to ride without training wheels). Mother in law also brought me 3 beautiful plants that after they have finished blooming I can transplant to my flower beds.
After they left, taking the kids with them, I went on Facebook to find a ton of birthday wishes! It made me feel very loved.
And after that I opened a mystery package I received today, it ended up being an automatic handsoap dispenser and some Mrs Meyers lavender handsoap. A special gift from a really sweet friend.
I feel so blessed today. Today was a good day and that’s 2 good days this week. I’m lucky this week.